Cedar rust is a fungus and has a 2 year cycle. It will move from your Juniper (host) to your Malus or Hawthorn. If you treasure your Apple or Hawthorn, it is best to get rid of the juniper that is infected. The fungus may be controlled with a fungicide spray, such as copper fungicide, but you will have to stay on top of it. Pruning can also work if it is not too badly infected. Click here for more information.
- The Nursery consists of 300 acres of land.
- The Nursery employees approximately 32 seasonal staff and 8 full time staff.
- The office and shop building is 6,000 sq. ft. main floor and 3,000 sq. ft. on the second floor.
- There is 18,000 sq. ft. of greenhouse space for propagation & production.
- There is 180,000 sq. ft. container growing space.
- There is about 260 acres in field grown caliper tree production.
- The source of water is from 4 dugouts, the deepest one being 45 ft. deep.
- Some field grown trees are propagated in house but the bulk are liners brought in, planted and grown on.
- Many shrubs are propagated here, the rest are liners brought in and grown on.
- About 50% of the perennials are propagated in house, the rest are either plugs or bare root brought in and grown on.
- The Nursery is divided into 4 management groups, office / administration, field production, container & perennial production and garden center sales.
Edmonton Nursery & Garden Centre
Plants, Perennials & Shrubs
Since 1980, Cheyenne Nursery and Tree Farms have grown and supplied over 1 million quality plants and trees to residential customers through our Garden Center and to our Landscape Trade Wholesale customers. Over 1000 varieties and sizes of ‘PRAIRIE HARDY’ Caliper Trees, Potted Trees, Shrubs, Evergreens & Perennials are available at our Beaumont Garden Center and Tree Nursery.