Are you looking to be part of a dynamic, friendly, fast paced team?
Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service? This may be what you are looking for.
Cheyenne Tree Farms is always accepting applications for the following positions:
- Nursery Production Worker – April to October
- Greenhouse Production Worker – March to end of April
- Sales Associate – May to October
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources citing in the subject line the desired position.
You can also apply by fax: 780.929.8107
In person at: 24309 Twp. Rd. 510 Beaumont, Alberta
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden Center Manager
Cheyenne Tree Farms is a producer of field grown caliper trees, potted trees, shrubs and perennials on 320 acres of land located 5 miles south of Edmonton (Beaumont). We are primarily a wholesale supplier to landscape contractors and municipalities with a modest garden center component. We are a family owned and operated nursery beginning in 1980. Our focus is growing and selling top quality plant material and providing outstanding customer service.
We are a CFIA registered ‘Clean Plants Nursery’
The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and has a strong customer service focus. We require a self-motivated individual with a desire to seek improvement and achieve results.
- Responsible for selling the complete solution, outstanding service for our customers and amazing merchandising.
- Leading and training the Garden Center Sales Team in sales skills, motivation, coaching, technical skills and product knowledge in order to develop a strong sales team.
- Accountable for ensuring we are in compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to inventory reporting, employee reporting and customer reporting.
- Be able to delegate tasks, great organization and communication skills
- Managing inventory of the retail area of the garden center
- Merchandising and ensuring the presentation meet the corporate Standard of Excellence
- All paperwork required for the Nursery and Clean Plants
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have 4 years Managerial experience.
- Excellent math, language and reading skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Able to handle cash accurately, track inventory and provide outstanding customer service
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others, and promote a safe work environment
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work weekends and extended hours.
- Work in all-weather conditions including, wind, rain snow and heat.
- Standing up for the majority of the day, also required bending and squatting at various times. Able to lift 40 lbs.
Tree Nursery Production Worker
April to October
Cheyenne Tree Farms Ltd. is a family owned and operated Tree Nursery located in Beaumont, Alberta ten minutes south of Edmonton. We are currently looking to fill the positions of Nursery Production Worker. This position deals with a variety of plant propagation and development from the ground up as such the successful applicant should be able to lift and carry 25kg (50lbs). This position involves but is not limited to planting and storing bare root trees, transplanting and maintaining woody shrub material, transplanting and maintaining containerized trees, and shipping and receiving. This is a great position for someone who wants to learn about the production of woody plant material on the prairies or for someone who loves to work outside with plants!
Greenhouse Production Worker
March to end of April
Cheyenne Tree Farms Ltd. is a family owned and operated Tree Nursery located in Beaumont, Alberta ten minutes south of Edmonton. We are currently looking to fill the positions of Greenhouse Production Worker. This position is responsible for planting and maintaining perennials and roses in a sunny, warm greenhouse atmosphere. This is a 6 – 8 week term position that could lead to further employment. The perfect position for someone who loves plants and wants to learn more!
May to October
We are currently seeking high energy people who love being outside, working with plants, can provide great customer service. If you are not afraid to get your hands dirty – then this is the place. We are a family owned and operated Tree Nursery / Garden Center located on the northwest corner of Beaumont, Alberta , just 5 miles south of Edmonton. We are currently looking for Sales Associates. This position is the company representation that our customers know. We require someone who can talk to people, help them with their questions, and is enthusiastic to learn about the plants. Responsibilites also include displays, watering, and maintenance of plant material.
- Some Knowledge of Plants or a Willingness to Learn
- Sales experience an asset
- A Passion to make the world a greener place
- Computer Skills